Enjoy Your Backyard Without Tick Concerns
June 20, 2018
Ticks have returned this year and they will not be leaving anytime soon. Now is the time to protect yourself, your family, and your pets from these parasites that burrow into your skin and suck your blood. During the process of feeding, ticks can transmit several harmful diseases including babesiosis, anaplasmosis, and Lyme disease. Since ticks need blood in order survive and reproduce, having them on your property can become a never-ending battle against tick bites and tick-borne illnesses!
There plenty of ticks in Pennsylvania, the most common ones being the American dog tick, lone star tick, black-legged tick, and the groundhog tick. Keeping these ticks at bay, however, can be very difficult. They are lurking everywhere, hiding in tall grass, woods, and other vegetation just waiting to hitch a ride on rodents and wildlife. Ticks can latch on to those animals and use them to get from place to place and find their next blood meal.
So, how can you enjoy your own backyard without tick concerns? The best and most efficient way to accomplish this is to enlist the help of a professional pest control company that can help you limit the tick population in your yard successfully.
Here are some tips to help you avoid tick bites and tick-borne diseases:
- Treat pets with veterinarian approved tick treatments on a regular basis per their proper instructions.
- Avoid thick wooded areas and tall grasses.
- Wear light-colored long-sleeve shirts and pants tucked into your boots or socks when you go outdoors for long periods of time.
- Use an insect repellent on your clothing or skin, but be sure to follow the directions.
- Perform skin checks on everyone that has been outside, including your pets. The less time the tick has to bite, the less chance you have of contracting a disease from it.
- Reduce the amount of wildlife that can bring ticks into your yard.
- Seal off all entry points that tick infested rodents and small wildlife could use to enter your home.
If you are tired of the constant battle with ticks on your Pennsylvania property and the fear of tick-borne illnesses, give us a call at Moyer Pest Control. Our Platinum Home Guard year-round pest control package offers control of all of the most common pests, termites, stink bugs, cockroaches, fleas, rodents and more. This package includes four effective mosquito and tick applications to targeted areas each year to reduce the population of these dangerous pests. We can help you obtain a pest free home! Get out and enjoy your own backyard again with the help of Moyer Pest Control.