Where Cockroaches Cause Problems In New Castle County Homes
February 28, 2019
Where Cockroaches Cause Problems in New Castle County Homes
There are good reasons why cockroaches
are often included in horror movies. They are creepy, spooky, and all around bone chilling to watch. That being said, it is not hard to assume that cockroaches are an unwelcome addition to your home. If you have found them crawling about, you likely want them gone immediately. Besides wanting them gone, here are some things you should know.
Common Areas For Roach Activity In And Around Homes
Cockroaches are filthy creatures that spend a good amount of their lives in vile and disgusting environments. Most commonly, when cockroaches are not scavenging for food in food-preparation areas, or anywhere food is being stored, they can be found
in and around sewers, trashcans, garbage disposals, sink drains, and even manure piles. If your first thought is that you do not want a pest that crawls over manure traversing your kitchen, you would be right
in feeling this way.
How Cockroaches Get Inside And How To Prevent Them
Due to their small bodies and ability to squeeze through tight spaces, cockroaches can enter New Castle County homes in a number of ways. Most commonly they will crawl or squeeze in around piping, through cracks and gaps in a home’s foundation, or even through sewers and drain pipes. Here are some ways you can prevent them from doing this.
- Seal any cracks or gaps in your home’s exterior foundation, around windows and doors, and around areas where piping or wires enter into your home. Seal these areas using a caulking gun.
- Reduce moisture around humid areas of your home. Look for leaks and water build up that could be providing cockroaches what they need to thrive, and eliminate these water sources. In addition, consider installing dehumidifiers around particularly humid areas of your home, such as basements.
- Make sure to clean up spills and organic messes quickly as to not give cockroaches the nutrients they need.
- Store food in airtight containers and out of reach of cockroaches.
- Prioritize cleaning under and next to appliances as this is where cockroaches prefer to hide and search for food.
Why Call Moyer ASAP If You Find Roaches Around Your Home
If, despite these countermeasures, you still find cockroaches have invaded your home, it's time to call the professionals here at Moyer. Our team of highly qualified pest technicians not only understand the threats that cockroaches pose but they also know how to deal with them in a quick and effective manner. Protect your New Castle County home
today. Let Moyer find a solution that works for you!