What Professional Bed Bug Treatment Looks Like
July 19, 2018
There are many reasons why Pennsylvania residents shouldn’t try to treat a bed bug infestation with DIY methods. One of the biggest reasons why attempting DIY bed bug control treatments is not a good idea is that they are essentially ineffective due to the fact that they fail to treat and eliminate the entire infestation. DIY treatments only target certain areas of your home like mattresses or furniture, which can result in bed bugs being left untreated. Without eliminating every single bed bug in your home, these parasitic pests can continue to reproduce and then infest your home all over again. Bed bugs are notoriously difficult to get rid of due to the fact that they are hearty pests and survive long periods of time without a blood meal and are also able to hide very well and be completely missed when you try to get rid of them yourself. Without the help of a pest control professional, you could end up spending large amounts of time and money trying to treat for a bed bugs with little to no results.
Warning Signs that You Need Professional Bed Bug Removal
Bed bugs are elusive pests that hide during the day come out at night to feed, which can make them hard to detect. Here are some signs that you may have a bed bug infestation in your Pennsylvania home and need the help of a pest control professional:
- Waking up in the morning with unexplained welts on your skin that are often clustered together or in a line, unlike mosquito bites; these bites are not always itchy.
- Finding the paper-like skins or shells of bugs around your bed or inside your drawers; these may be the shed exoskeletons of a bed bugs as they grow.
- Noticing little brown stains on your sheets or mattress; these stains could be either blood stains from the bed bugs feeding on you, or the feces stains they leave behind.
Type of Professional Bed Bug Treatments
If you’ve spotted some of the signs of bed bugs mentioned above, we can help. Moyer Pest Control uses a variety of methods to detect and get rid of bed bugs in your home.
- K-9 Inspection is a highly-specialized way to detect bed bug infestations and at Moyer Pest Control, we are proud to offer this service. Our bed bug inspection dog can sniff out a bed bug infestation within minutes and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Heat treatments are the most effective way to control and destroy a bed bug infestation. Our heat treatment process will heat your home to a degree that will eliminate the bed bugs hiding in even the most hard-to-reach areas of your home.
If you spot even the slightest sign of a bed bugs infestation in your home, don’t hesitate; give us a call at Moyer Pest Control. We will come to assess your problem and begin eliminating your bed bug infestation within 24 hours! Contact us to learn more today.